Director of Product Management, Vendor Cloud
Who We Are:
Were entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfairs transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfairs pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair is seeking an experienced Product executive to play a key role in the transformation of Wayfairs Supply Chain by leading the Castlegate Logistics Vendor Cloud. Vendor Cloud team will own all systems facing our global network of vendors for Castlegate Logistics, including Ocean carriers, Drayage carriers, Ports and Terminals, Customs Brokers, Finance vendors, and more.
What Youll Do:
The role is based in Boston, with occasional travel globally. The position will report to the Director of International Supply Chain.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not are limited to efforts to:
- Co-create vision and strategy for managing Castlegate Logistics relationships with all International Supply Chain vendors; lead a team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization; develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Build and manage a strategic API layer to ensure high quality, real-time data interchange between Castlegate Logistics systems and vendors; include backward compatibility for EDI data exchange
- Work closely with Operations, Compliance, and Commercial Excellence teams to enable an efficient supply chain; serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Advise business leaders throughout our operations teams on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Drive all systems decisions required to successfully work with third-party vendors
- Help to identify, select and drive integrations with any third-party vendors required in support of our vendor cloud activities
- Build vendor-facing products and services at differing phases of maturity, from rapid scale-up to pure, whitespace startup
- Develop and execute hiring and resourcing plans needed to create and manage a high performing vendor management process, from 2019 onwards
- Recruit and build a team of product managers and associates; contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
What You'll Need:
- An undergraduate degree from a top tier college or university in a scientific, mathematical, or technical concentration or an MBA or other similarly advanced degree from a top tier school that demonstrates the desire and motivation for continued learning in a competitive environment
- 10+ years product management experience working with APIs and software integration systems, preferably in a B2B products environment.
- 7+ years experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology; deep understanding of Lean thinking and agile methodologies
- Subject matter familiarity with APIs and app development ecosystems and economics
- Direct experience in a startup situation building a new company, business unit, geography, and a demonstrated track record of taking ownership of areas of responsibility by defining and pursuing measurable business goals and outcomes
- A bias for action and a get it done attitude; understands that the perfect is the enemy of the good
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences that solve real user problems
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment; can manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Passion for driving change, the initiative to work in ambiguity, and the willingness to take risks that has led to meaningfully impactful results