Director of Product Management, Mobile Apps
Wayfair is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our Mobile App teams. Our native iOS and Android apps are a “crown jewel” part of Wayfair’s strategy to provide a world-class shopping experience on mobile devices, which are an increasingly important platform for our customers. Our apps have millions of monthly active users, and are growing rapidly in absolute terms and as a percentage of Wayfair’s overall usage and revenue. Our apps are highly rated and innovative, offering new ways to solve user problems through technology including Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Visual Search. We’re an early development partner with Google, Apple, Magic Leap and others.
The role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact on Wayfair’s business, lead a team of ~75 awesome PMs, engineers, QA testers, product designers, analysts, help grow that team (to ~125 in the next 9-12 months), and join a rapidly growing public company that is in many ways just scratching the surface of its full potential.
- Set vision for, build, and maintain a roadmap for our suite of native iOS and Android apps
- Work closely with the executive team and key leaders across Wayfair to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives; be a passionate advocate for the customer throughout the organization
- Directly lead and mentor a team of experienced Product Managers and indirectly lead cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and product designers; build strong team culture and develop talent
- Set the product delivery strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and ensure teams are shipping high-quality experiences to Wayfair customers
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into app enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs as well as wants
- 8+ years Product management experience, with strong preference for candidates with experience building and scaling mobile apps consumers love
- 4+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.