Office Tour Photos
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Wayfair has been actively experimenting with innovative visualization technologies including Computer Vision, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality for the last few years (Magic Leap partnership, View in Room 3D, etc.). These technologies are strategically important for us because they give us the ability to solve core user problems (for example, Will these products look good with my existing furniture? Will it fit in my space?) in elegant and scalable ways.
In addition to our top of the line e-commerce experiences, we are now planning to expand into physical stores,- presenting the right product leader a rare and unprecedented opportunity to redefine omni-channel retail by launching a new businesses within a successful technology company. This will be a chance to transform how people shop for their homes by building new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers experience the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
Were looking for a senior Product leader who is passionate about building and scaling these technologies to create magical e-commerce and in-store experiences for millions of consumers across the world. This role will lead product strategy and development for our rapidly growing Computer Vision and Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality platforms as well as technology solutions for our physical stores across all of Wayfairs brands and geographies.
What Youll Do:
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for our Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality platforms. This will include a combination of building and owning some features directly (e.g., our Room Planning tool), and enabling a large number of other teams to build new 3D features/tools on top of our platforms.
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for our Physical Stores. This will include a combination of building and owning some features directly (e.g., Point of Sale, Inventory Management, etc.), and enabling a large number of other teams to deliver solutions for the physical stores. Drive the execution of the strategy directly and by energizing the broader organization in a common vision.
- Grow a product team. Youll inherit a team of ~8 PMs working with ~31 dedicated engineers, data scientists, product designers and QA. Youll grow the team, and ensure the team has a high degree of psychological safety and impact orientation.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- Help us continue building our external reputation as an innovative tech company through public speaking, engaging with our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), developing content and attending industry events.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
What Youll Need:
- 10+ years work experience in heavily analytic rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with experience with a mix of start-up and large-company experience. Candidates with substantive academic or operating experience in computer vision, deep learning, A/R, M/R and/or V/R or experience delivering delightful omni-channel customer experiences a plus.
- 5+ years experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex. organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity. and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelors degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From