We are looking for a Director of Product Management to join our athenaClinicals team within our Product division.
In this role, you would be responsible for owning, defining, and managing the execution and commercialization of the care management solution roadmap. You will serve as an internal and external expert on care management workflows and ensure our efforts deliver the greatest value possible to our customers. The care management workflows are intended to proactively improve patient care and reduce the need for future medical services by enhancing coordination of care, eliminating duplication of services, improving gaps in care and helping patients and caregivers more effectively manage health conditions over the long run. You will work closely with product leaders, key customers, commercial teams and client organization staff to understand their product vision. You will also lead a team of direct/indirect reports to successfully understand and respond to trends in the marketplace that impact future vision and roadmaps for the Care Management portfolio; groom actionable backlogs of user stories for the Engineering team; and assist Product Management leadership in driving overall growth and effectiveness across the entire products scope. But enough about us, lets talk about you
Are you the leader we are looking for? If so, you possess:
- A strong understanding of trends impacting healthcare delivery, including value-based care, patient management, and healthcare technology
- Excellent communication skills, executive presence, and command of group dynamics to drive team and stakeholders to effective decisions or consensus
- The ability to align execution to organizational vision by prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment in order to drive results against several projects simultaneously
- Analytic and quantitative capabilities ability to use data to drive product decisions
- Ability to identify, develop and launch solutions that deliver superior customer value
- Passion for improving healthcare, with empathy for the user of our products and services
The Team: The position resides in the athenaClinicals product team; supporting care teams and providers across the country. Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our providers to create the most comprehensive, intelligent and tailorable clinical workflow in the market.
Product Portfolio Ownership
- Define the Care Management team vision based upon the customer problems that we need to solve
- Develop and lead the Care Management teams prioritizations and development plan that will deliver meaningful value/ROI to customers
- Manage ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve across product portfolio, coaching direct reports to do the same for their area of ownership
- Produce deliverables that tell concise business stories using data-driven, evidence-based, and human centered arguments
- Develop a thorough understanding and become an expert on the customer behavior, competitive trends, and business drivers for the Care Management portfolio
- Define product content and optimize workflow efficiencies to meet customer needs as well as meeting any regulatory requirements
- Define and be accountable for the product success metrics including gross margin, Net Promoter Score, and KLAS rankings
- Represent the customer; responsible for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- Make critical business decisions including pricing and buy vs build
- Accountable for the Care Management portfolio and product strategy through creation of product roadmaps
- Speak for the product and ensure alignment in the overall strategy
- Drive the Care Management portfolio planning process for the Care Management team
- Remove blockers/obstacles to effective and efficient product delivery for Product Owners and their scrum teams
- Drive all Product Launch decisions, including the management of all alpha/beta feedback
- Manage the priorities and expectations of multiple stakeholders (eg. customer, sales, partners) to gain inputs to portfolio
- Engage Product Marketing on the best ways to communicate the product to customers; have editorial ownership of the service description
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of athenistas, modeling effective relationship building, ensuring high employee engagement, and managing staff career progression
- Contribute to workforce planning, staffing/forecasting of resource requirements, continually assessing and optimizing team structure as well as processes, policies, and procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness direct/indirect reports
- Manage Team of Direct/Indirect Reports
- 10+ years of relevant product management experience
- 5+ years of experience in care management programs, including case management, disease management, population health or utilization management
- A deep understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation in a dynamic environment
- Travel required, predicting 20-30%; time may vary and will include client site visits, conferences, trade shows, Sales and Marketing events, and trainings
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.