Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product, this role is a critical part of the product leadership team and will be instrumental in defining & delivering the next generation of Toasts foundational platform systems and infrastructure.
You will spearhead initiatives with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support. You will interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
About this roll*:
- Manage, mentor and hire a team of product managers and product analysts focused on strengthening and expanding our business platform systems and infrastructure
- Lead our transformative mission to scale Toasts product-led growth initiatives and internal universal user architecture for all four lines of business
- Develop and execute a technical vision that establishes Toasts customer data as the system of record for all business operation needs including subscription and billing management
- Create & present business cases and business models for new product investments, and measure/quantify success of product launches
- Work with Product Leadership and product teams to define and integrate best practices and processes related to OKRs (objectives & key results), customer feature requests and internal tools
- Collaborate with Toasts four lines of business, CIO and CRO organizations to determine next generation of product investment for restaurants and their guests
- Work directly with internal teams to iterate on product requirements & design feedback
- Lead by example, at times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, and wireframes
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Extensive experience in product management in a technical product line
- Passion for solving complex systems and platform-driven technical problems
- Track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing teams while mentoring and growing individual contributors
- Deep understanding of agile product methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of B2B and B2C dynamics, including experience building B2B apps at scale
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged, not required