For the security practitioner caught between rapidly evolving threats and demanding executives, IANS Research is a clear-headed resource for decision-making and articulating risk. We provide experience-based security insights for Chief Information Security Officers and their teams. The core of our value comes from the IANS Faculty, a network of seasoned practitioners. We support client decisions and executive communications with Ask-an-Expert inquiries, our peer community, deployment-focused reports, tools and templates, and consulting.
IANS Research is a fast-growing company that is uniquely positioned in a rapidly changing market. The Director, Product Management is key to IANS growth. This individual will help develop and implement new products and improve our existing offerings.
Based in our Boston office and reporting to the Chief Product Officer & CMO, the Director, Product Management is responsible for product planning and product marketing. The Director will manage existing products throughout their lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing product performance metrics and customer requirements to identify new product opportunities and manage their development.
The Director will heavily interact with clients and collaborate with our sales, research, client services and marketing teams. You are a self-starter, not afraid to take initiative and ready to innovate and experiment.
Core job functions include:
- Conduct performance analysis and ongoing management of existing product offerings
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers and prospects for product market fit
- Manage the development cycle for product enhancements and new offerings including developing and executing go-to-market plans
- Conduct competitive analysis and make product comparisons to help define product positioning
- Interact and collaborate with internal departments, key stakeholders and IANS Faculty
- Minimum of 5 years of product development experience in technology services or softwar
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Creative and analytical; can translate data and information into actionable plans
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator; able to put together convincing arguments
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Interest or experience in information security is a plus
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong sense of professional accountability and integrity
- High level of energy and sense of urgency; plans for and meets deadlines
- Collaborative approach; functions well in team-based environments
- Commercial mindset
- Good listener
- Eager to grow and advance professionally
- Executive presence to sell and deliver services to Fortune-class executives