Director of Product Design
Design at Klaviyo:
Klaviyo is a startup located in the heart of downtown Boston. We build software that helps tens of thousands of businesses have more relevant and personal relationships with billions of consumers. We are a product driven company and over invest in making beautiful, efficient and fast workflows that help our customers accomplish what was previously unimaginable. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
What youll be doing:
- Talking to and working with customers constantly
- Hiring and managing exceptional Product Designers
- Organizing, implementing and improving a world class design system
- Making Klaviyo a globally recognized steward of user-centric, quality product design
- Defining and executing product design processes that lead to beautiful, efficient and fast product experiences and workflows
- Contribute to strategic prioritization of what we work on, when and why
Wed love to hear from you if you:
- Your favorite part of your job is working with and delighting customers
- Youre impassioned by hiring, managing high potential talent and bringing exceptional designers to Klaviyo
- Youve successfully implemented design systems before or are have lead large scale, cross functional projects
- Youre excited to create the go-to resource or community for designers and design organizations to learn about how to be better
- You are involved in the design community by executing events, online content, and thought leadership.
- You care deeply about building quality products in an efficient manner, especially with respect to design.
- Youre excited to be the voice of design in product conversations company-wide
What Getting Started Might Look Like:
First 30 days
You spend your time getting to know the design team and our customers. You over-index on learning the product, watching customers use it, talking to customers and investigating the other tools that our customers use. By the end of this time, its like youve been working in our industry for years.
First 60 days
Now that you know our people and our customers, you dig in hard to our workflows, processes and tools. You take your years of expertise and critically evaluate how we work, why weve evolved that way and what about our current set up is robbing us of our maximum impact and efficiency. By the end of this time. you make thoughtful recommendations on how the team works together and our recruiting processes.
First 90 days
Some of your initial suggestions are starting to be implemented and the team is starting to thrive. Alignment is tighter, individuals are moving more quickly and were releasing better quality product even faster. Youve sunk your teeth into our design system and have helped mentor the designers involved to make exceptional choices that lead to a more reliable path forward. Youve taken ownership of the recruiting process and brought some incredible people into your pipeline. By the end of this time, the team comes to you frequently for guidance and youve earned the reputation of being a servant-leader who drives outcomes in a motivating and inspiring way.
Life at Klaviyo:
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
Its what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
Its how we behave as individuals: were all deeply passionate about learning.
Its how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, were profitable, and were growing insanely fast.
And its what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means youll work on things you never imagined you would; youll grow in ways you didnt consider possible; and youll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please.