Office Tour Photos
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to join our team in Lexington, MA. Do you have the experience to inspire and lead a top quality design team? Is UX your passion rather than your job? We want a person who sees their role as driving corporate success by creating a sustainable competitive advantage in UX. In this role, you will be responsible for the design vision across our full product portfolio, represent the voice of the user, and manage, grow, and inspire a team of designers.
- Manage the creative process and product design team including schedules, deliverables, and team utilization to meet the product vision and deliver on the business growth objectives
- Define the product design goals across the product portfolio
- Manage team to create intuitive designs and experiences that inform our users across all access points and products
- Develop best-in-class practices for product design and design delivery, fueled by user research, user feedback, data, and evidence
- Collaborate with product teams to create schedules, manage deliverables, assign resources, and mitigate risks
- Anticipate user needs and develop design principles in conjunction with the multi-year product vision
- Ensure alignment among all parts of the organization through effective communication
- Assess, coach, develop and empower staff in support of their success
- Continually improve design processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams
- A minimum of 8 years designing user experience and interaction design for software products, including desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Proven track record in cross-team collaboration to deliver successful products
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies, such as Agile
- Care deeply about the user; in our case these are IT professionals, nurses, doctors, patients, and hospital administrators
- Experience managing successfully in a matrixed environment, with proven ability to build and maintain great working relationships; help others achieve their goals across all levels and departments of an organization.
- Track record leading, building, mentoring and motivating creative teams.
- Experience in using lean design methods to bring winning products to market
- Strong usability testing experience
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to work and lead independently
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From