Director, Product Design
GasBuddy is looking for a product design leader to drive our design strategy, build our design team, delight our users, and ultimately grow our business. Your informed vision will influence how we build our products in both the consumer utility and B2B SaaS spaces, as well as how we execute on our ambitious goal to give away more free gas than any other consumer program in the US and Canada.
Were looking for a strong communicator who can articulate their ideas at both a high-level customer experience point of view, as well as at a granular execution level to guide our product teams in delivering world-class products and services. Your leadership and mentorship of great designers paired with your ability to influence and prioritize opportunities cross-functionally will result in a highly impactful design team.
What will your dream role consist of?
Team building: Cultivate a great team culture by coaching and guiding your team members along in their professional development. Seek and hire extraordinary talent to build our multidisciplinary creative group.
Leadership and logistics: Work with all capabilities (product, tech, marketing, etc.) to prioritize and allocate projects, ensuring the team is running efficiently and effectively. Advocate for the teams needs, and model the behavior they will need to be potential leaders themselves.
Cultivating cross-functional relationships: Promote a culture of partnership with team members across engineering, product, marketing, and beyond to build impactful products together. Engage partners, unblock teams and rally to consensus.
Setting design direction: Through guidance, strategy, modeling, and advocacy, help the team create awe-inspiring and useful work. Define the creative vision for who we are and who we want to be. Develop and drive the user experience vision for multiple products and platforms, and garner support for this vision among your organizational peers.
What do you need to be a successful member of the Gasbuddy team? You are likely:
- Already a leader and mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds. Youve hired talented, innovative, and collaborative designers.
- Able to establish and communicate effective design processes, based on your knowledge of user-centered design principles and your practical experience with how a design team operates effectively in an agile environment.
- Able to collaborate with a variety of partners across engineering, product, marketing, and senior leadership team. Youll create allies and build credibility throughout your daily interactions with team members.
- Deeply knowledgeable in and up-to-date on current design principles, research methodologies, core UX, and content strategy, though you may not be on the front lines anymore.
- Able to articulate the value of design and tailor your message effectively to various audiences.
- The owner of a portfolio of work on brands that have elevated the work in their categories
- Experienced in utilizing data and insights to advocate for design strategy and able to teach your team to do the same.
- A motivator who champions team successes
- Experienced working with ambiguity and have effectively guided your team through growth and change. Youve led process improvement efforts in an agile environment in the past.
When applying, please include either a link to your portfolio or a few samples of representative work.
GasBuddy is a web and smartphone app connecting drivers with their Perfect Pit Stop. With over 70 million downloads, GasBuddy is the leader in crowdsourced information to help drivers find the best gas prices, closest stations, friendliest service, cleanest restrooms, tastiest coffee and much more. GasBuddy is the leading source for the most accurate, real-time fuel prices at more than 140,000 gas stations in the U.S, Canada, and Australia. The Companys B2B Retailer Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), known as GasBuddy Business Pages, provide Fuel Marketers and Retailers their best opportunity to maintain their station information, manage their brand, and promote to their target consumer audience. For more information, visit www.gasbuddy.com.
GasBuddy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at GasBuddy are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offenses, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: GasBuddy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, GasBuddy employees or any other company location. GasBuddy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.