Director of Product Design
Are you a leader in Product Design that is looking for a role where you can make an impact on users, a team of designers, and across a network of colleagues? ASICS Digital is building a Product Design team that will be discovering and solving for one of the most common design problems: Motivation. Your teams goal will be centered on engaging millions of real people to close the gap between intent and action while having a positive impact on their lives and health.
The Director, Product Design, will lead a team of awesome designers who seek to understand our fitness apps user behavior, ASICS consumer behavior, and motivation at a fundamental level. You will partner with other design, product, engineering, and marketing leaders to develop strategy across ASICS Digitals core products centered around consumer fitness and technology.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build digital technologies to better connect the ASICS brand to its consumers. We are responsible for the continued development of mobile-fitness solutions such as ASICS Runkeeper and ASICS Studio, global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that encourage people to move, get fit, and stay balanced.
What You'll Do
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of Product Designers, collaboratively setting design direction, showcasing design principles, and setting a high bar for the quality of design work
- Push the boundaries of your teams UX and visual design execution through showcasing new ideas, gaining comfort around Blue Sky thinking, and enhancing our ability to explore divergent concepts and create a design trajectory for the company as a whole
- Influence product strategy while setting process around solving to a range of tactical and contained issues and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, mobile web, and email
- Be a Product Design team champion! Lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for hypothesis-driven user-centered design
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across ASICS globally.
What You've Done
- 7-10 years in a UX or Interaction design role with at least 4+ years managing a design team
- Required in application - a portfolio of work that shows your process for solving problems and the solutions youve come up with for them.
- 3 years experience on eCommerce or mobile-centric products
- Proven ability to utilize big picture thinking and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, web, and mobile web
- Experience conducting and coordinating remote and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings
- Relevant education in HCI or Human Factors is a big plus
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.