Zipcar started in 2000 with a simple but disruptive idea: to get more people sharing cars than owning them in major cities around the world. We've grown our membership to 1 million members, spanning 500 cities, 10 countries, and 600 university campuses. Our innovations attracted Avis, which acquired Zipcar in 2013, opening the door to operational efficiencies, financial resources, and global scale.
We market directly to consumers, and we also market via channel partnerships with universities, airports, large residential developers, and businesses. We have invested in technology and in our brand to create a fun, memorable, and easy experience for our members.
The mobility space has changed so much since Zipcar launched so many years ago and so we’re focused on evolving our product offerings to meet new use cases and attract new audiences.
What will you do as the Director of Product Management?
- Own the end-to-end experience: You’ll define the vision and roadmap for the Zipcar “drive experience”, which includes: finding and accessing the Zipcar, fueling it, returning it, and reporting issues; member policies for fees, forgiveness, and refunds; and the operational platform our fleet operations team uses to identify, prioritize, respond and address those issues.
- Be a product visionary: Build a vision for how we can incentivize good member behavior and socialize it throughout the organization. Collaborate with UX to build your research agenda and envision the future, partner with your PM team and key stakeholders to define the roadmap, use your business acumen to define success metrics, and launch solutions using A/B tests and qualitative and quantitative tools to monitor and make iterative improvements.
- Provide broad, strategic leadership: You’ll be responsible for making the reliability of our service and operational excellence into key strategic differentiators. This requires aligning member interfaces with operational processes and tools to proactively prevent and resolve issues.
- Lead a PM team: You’ll lead a team of product managers who oversee both our member-facing roadmap and fleet operational systems roadmap.
- Partner across the organization: Create strong partners across the organization (fleet operations, member services, marketing, etc.) and actively align stakeholders with clear roadmap inputs, alignment, and shared goals.
- Be an active member of the product leadership team: You’ll collaborate with other Product and UX directors and managers to craft the long-term vision for Zipcar’s product experience.
What kind of person are you?
- 10+ years of Product Management experience: You’re a passionate Product Manager with experience in consumer products, driving operational efficiencies, and implementing agile/lean product delivery models.
- Experienced leader: You have 3+ years of experience hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing PM team.
- Strong business acumen: You have expertise creating business cases, prioritization mechanisms, and scorecards to measure financial and customer success.
- Expert stakeholder management skills: You know how to align stakeholders and distributed teams around a vision and transparent product roadmap.
- Influencer: You’ve demonstrated an ability to influence, credibly partner, and drive change with all levels of an organization, including senior leaders.
- Gets stuff done: You’re a self-started with drive and willingness to take initiative, develop a compelling vision, and deliver business results and customer benefits on a frequent cadence.
- Bonus points if you’re a Zipcar member or a member of another car-sharing solution.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From