Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion so that each employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work.
You will partner with the VP of Technology to develop and drive the product roadmap in support of the overall business strategy. You should have the ability to go from doing the work to mentoring and guiding a team in a high-growth environment. The Director of Product needs to be adept at using analytics to drive and influence product decisions. You will actively partner with engineering, design, and business leaders across the organization to ensure that our technology solutions meet user needs, enhance their experiences in innovative ways, and ultimately execute successfully to drive measurable business outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Understand the company's strategic direction, goals and priorities; align product management goals and activities accordingly
- Communicate product priorities, strategies, and impacts to business leadership, stakeholders and direct team.
- Develop and drive the product roadmap.
- Establish clear goals to lead a team of product managers and designers toward a common purpose.
- Create and execute successful product/feature rollouts, with proactive stakeholder communication plans
- Identify and mitigate issues, risks, and barriers to successful product planning, releases and future growth
- Identify measurable performance indicators, and track products success against these metrics.
- Oversee Product teams maintenance of the product backlog and work with the engineering team to drive the direction of product development and ensure the delivery of products that meet customer needs.
- Mentor and grow the careers of the Product team.
- 10+ years in product management, 2+ years managing others.
- Know how to effectively communicate the value of building compelling product experiences.
- Effective influencer that can showcase the value of the Product organization to the business
- Proven success leading multiple teams and product/feature launches in high-growth environments.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and leverage resources effectively up, down, and across the organization.
- Experience with Agile product development and product management methodologies.
- Digital product delivery including understanding of UX, technology, end-to-end testing and test and learn methodology.
- Implementing, measuring, and utilizing metrics & data to aid in identifying improvement opportunities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!