Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte's Fast 500. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience with long-term success in mind. We are proud to be named to Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2020.
You will partner with the VP of Technology to develop and drive the product roadmap in support of the overall business strategy. You should have the ability to go from doing the work to mentoring and guiding a team in a high-growth environment. The Director of Product needs to be adept at using analytics to drive and influence product decisions. You will actively partner with engineering, design, and business leaders across the organization to ensure that our technology solutions meet user needs, enhance their experiences in innovative ways, and ultimately execute successfully to drive measurable business outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Understand the company's strategic direction, goals and priorities; align product management goals and activities accordingly
- Communicate product priorities, strategies, and impacts to business leadership, stakeholders and direct team
- Develop and drive the product roadmap
- Establish clear goals to lead a team of product managers and designers toward a common purpose
- Create and execute successful product/feature rollouts, with proactive stakeholder communication plans
- Identify and mitigate issues, risks, and barriers to successful product planning, releases and future growth
- Identify measurable performance indicators, and track products success against these metrics.
- Oversee Product teams maintenance of the product backlog and work with the engineering team to drive the direction of product development and ensure the delivery of products that meet customer needs.
- Mentor and grow the careers of the Product team
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a people first attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- Flexibility: Ability and willingness to adapt, change and compromise in a maturing and fast-growing environment
- 10+ years in product management, 2+ years managing others
- Know how to effectively communicate the value of building compelling product experiences
- Effective influencer that can showcase the value of the Product organization to the business
- Proven success leading multiple teams and product/feature launches in high-growth environments
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and leverage resources effectively up, down, and across the organization
- Experience with Agile product development and product management methodologies
- Digital product delivery including understanding of UX, technology, end-to-end testing and test and learn methodology
- Implementing, measuring, and utilizing metrics & data to aid in identifying improvement opportunities
- Strong business acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with our team of small business financing experts, we deliver same-day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, we have provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com.
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social office culture, as well as wonderful engineers all over the world.