Director of Product and Project Management
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
As Director of Product and Project Management you will be an integral part of the management team shaping the strategy for TripAdvisors Global Customer centric operations teams. You will report to the VP, Customer Operations and will have frequent and significant exposure to the senior leadership across the TripAdvisor businesses.
You will be responsible for the global product and project management function across multiple brands within the Customer Support and Operations organization. The role requires close working with the global product & engineering teams on their product releases and pipeline which may impact customers and customer support teams. You will be own and drive the product strategy and project pipeline for the Customer Support organization. The global Product & Process teams will report into this position.
This is a pivotal role, as it is required to work across the business and will be the primary point of contact between Customer Support and the product and engineering teams. This role also focuses on improving efficiencies and customer experience by highlighting the Customer Support demand drivers to the wider product & engineering teams with the aim of improving customer self-service and automation.
Summary of activity;
- Develop and manage the project & product pipeline for the Customer Support organization.
- Responsible for ideation and implementation of messaging platforms live chat, chat-bot
- Responsible for knowledge management function for the agent CRM as well as TripAdvisor Help Center on the website.
- Through analysis to identify opportunities to improve self-service & reduce incoming Customer Support contacts.
- Liaise with the various business product teams to develop product specs and solutions.
- Work with the Customer Support Management Team to develop business cases for key projects and prioritization.
- Work with the outsourced Customer Support vendors and internal sites to determine front line agents requirements.
- Support all business rollouts by liaising with the training, quality, content and operational teams.
- Act as point of contact between CS and the various business units for process & product developments.
- Own the content of agent knowledge base and work with the various operations team to ensure that the content is timely and accurate.
- Work with Reporting and Analytics team to analyze trends to support product or business related initiatives.
- At least 8 years of experience in product and/or project management in an e-commerce environment
- 10+ years of overall professional experience
- Lean and six-sigma certification is a distinct preference
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Willing to work in a global environment with team & stakeholders spread across multiple geographies
- Excellent command of the English language
- Previous people management experience and collaboration skills in a fast paced matrix environment
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management Systems
- Exposure to multi-channel operations i.e. voice support, email, chat, chat-bot etc.
- CRM/Customer Support Tools specifically Sales Force
- Data Warehouse(s) (Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Microsoft SQLServer)
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Open to domestic & international travel, usually once or twice a quarter.
- University degree
- MBA a plus