Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
As the Director, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing, you will be responsible for driving efficiency and simplification across the company. Your role will help facilitate growth by alleviating current roadblocks, analyzing current state business processes and partnering with functions to identify future opportunities. You will play a key role in defining and leading the sourcing and procurement strategy across the Company and develop a program to empower functional areas to maintain responsibility for their product and services purchases. This is both a strategy and execution role that will require cross-functional collaboration across all departments.
- Lead the development of a global company-wide procurement strategy for critical products and services that will include empowering the business functions to manage their purchasing.
- Develop a strategy and actionable plan for a sourcing program across the various spend streams while protecting quality and service levels.
- Collaborate with department heads and business leaders to ensure global alignment of company-wide strategies and growth plans across Sales and Marketing, Enterprise Technologies (IT Hardware and Software), Talent Management and Facilities.
- Analyze current state business processes and work across all departments on creation of future, scalable process designs that ensures agility, growth and superior productivity.
- Translate the company’s strategic priorities into initiatives and executable actions.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas that delivers quantifiable business value. Assist in establishing metrics and benchmarks to track performance, improvements and quantify delivered business value.
- Develop risk management strategies to identify and mitigate issues relating to company vulnerability.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in strategic and transformational activities in a leading organization.
- Leadership experience in an organizational procurement, purchasing or sourcing function.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment.
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with and influence executive leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence department heads and business leaders to support executing strategic purchasing decisions and supplier relationships.
- Skillful in communication, negotiation and decision making. Ability to manage conflict constructively.
- Proven history of consistently delivering year over year annual savings/cost reductions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Experience in the High Tech, preferably SaaS industry.