Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Director of Procurement and NPI Operations to join our team based at our Corporate Headquarters based in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston. This is a highly visible, cross-functional, dual role which reports to the Vice President of Global Supply chain and requires a broad skills set to succeed.
The Director of Procurement and NPI Operations impacts the organization as a leader responsible for developing and driving the execution of vision and long-term strategies for Procurement and NPI Operations with key stakeholders resulting in the optimization of quality, reduction of cycle/response time, mitigation of risk, leverage of technology, processes and systems improvement, and a reduction of the overall cost of ownership and acquisition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead multi-functional teams consisting of Procurement and NPI Operations Management.
- Drive and execute a wide-range of global initiatives with global team.
- Implement procurement strategies aligned with business needs and direction to optimize value.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities and business objectives.
- Ensure recognition of cost savings incorporating operations impact.
- Lead cross-functional partner and supplier management initiatives to drive improvement in overall supplier performance, pricing & SMI agreements.
- Develop and implement fit for purpose KPI’s to measure both key supplier and functional effectiveness.
- Perform all procurement activities which include vendor management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Design and implement new processes to streamline sourcing for goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to optimize value for the company.
- Review current processes and make necessary recommendations to identify more robust, cost effective & value-added processes to procure goods and services.
- Drive on-going Manufacturing product cost analysis in support of product cost targets.
- Drive manufacturing readiness reviews to ensure all Operations functions are ready for next NPI cycle.
- Lead the introduction of multiple new products into the CM/ODM partners from R&D ensuring all cost, quality, delivery, capacity, and ramp targets are met.
- Work with the team and other functions (Sales, Hardware/Software Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and Quality Operations) to improve the New Product Introduction process to reduce cost and cycle time of this process, as well as the achievement of hitting “landing zone” targets including New Product costs, margin, lead time, delivery, etc.
- Drive the development and implementation of technical supplier roadmaps in line with the product strategy.
- Own roadmap of changes (process, materials, technology, NPI) coming to Manufacturing sites and optimize global implementation.
- Work with Engineering and Quality to identify and qualify robust suppliers – cost, lead time, quality, and reliability.
- Take the necessary action to ensure that the work of the functions are realized and that staff members are able to overcome the challenges that are presented to them.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in Procurement and Outsourced Manufacturing; including experience developing and leading high performing, cross-functional teams.
- Experience handling materials procurement and/or manufacturing outsourcing.
- Experience leading an NPI Operations function.
- Experience with NPI and short cycle business.
- Experience managing CM and ODM’s in an outsourced supply chain environment.
- Possesses high energy and the ability to work successfully in a high demand, complex, fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical, financial and eye for business.
- Extensive contract negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal and external partnerships and alliances.
- Demonstrated ability to influence executives, senior leaders and partners and work comfortably across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities/difficult obstacles through facts, evaluation of alternatives, open-mindedness, thought-through strategy, and superior communications to lead cross-functional organizations through lifecycle activities will be required.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Customer service experience.
- Able and willing to travel as needed.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From