Director, Pricing Strategy
Brightcove Inc. is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across every connected device. The company offers a suite of products and services that reduce the complexity and increase the profitability of publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing multi-screen video. More than 5,500 customers in over 70 countries rely on Brightcove to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to their audiences including many of the worlds largest media companies and brands such as BBC, Viacom, Showtime, Ford, Wendys and GM.
Brightcove is looking for a passionate Director of Pricing Strategy who will create global pricing models and drive pricing initiatives that will provide clear value to our customers and productivity and profitability to Brightcove.
As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will be a critical partner to Product Management, Sales and other cross functional teams to define pricing and to analyze pricing scenarios and packaging options for our product portfolio. You have sharp analytical skills, can understand market conditions with data, and can lead projects independently from start to finish.
- Direct pricing strategy for the organization's products and/or services.
- Develop, manage, and implement organization strategies, processes, systems, and actions that assure the business achieves optimal price realization and drives databased decisions at the enterprise level for sales and marketing.
- Establish pricing tools and analytical methods to identify gross margin improvements and profit leak.
- Build and maintain pricing models that translate key performance indicators (KPIs) and test revenue projections.
- Work alongside analytics leadership to identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions.
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop recommendations on business initiatives
- Conduct interviews to gain insight and research industry relevant business models
- Create and deliver strategy presentations and plans
- Create product marketing plans focusing on pricing, packaging, and promotional activities
- Train and coach the sales team on pricing and packaging while gathering and incorporating feedback and providing deal support
- Think through and clearly articulate the pros and cons of embracing a given pricing approach
- Confidently share status, next steps, timelines and recent performance of key ongoing initiatives
- Background in SaaS-style products and technology services.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- Excellent presentation, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in top-tier strategy consulting firm a plus.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, various sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!