We are looking for a talented Director of Platform Infrastructure with hands-on expertise developing safe and secure platform software for autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen the software development process from prototyping phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions. This individual should have experience with complex system software such as distributed systems, embedded real-time systems, fault-tolerant systems, networked systems, etc. In this role, you will build strategies and visions for the platform infrastructure software including technologies such as application libraries, deployment, device drivers, middleware, monitoring and recovering systems, RTOS, etc. that are used in our autonomous vehicles. Your team will also be responsible for developing and integrating such platform software. You will lead teams of talented software engineers and collaborate in an agile development environment with technical leadership from various areas including roboticists, hardware engineers, software engineers, systems engineers, test and validation engineers, and operators.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and build teams to deliver safe and secure platform software for autonomous vehicles and enabling APIs for such platform software
- Lead the design and implementation of the platform software technical roadmap
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide the team with technical leadership
What You'll Bring:
- Postgraduate or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience and track record of delivering complex software systems
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams and a vision on how to manage teams
- Experience with developing in Linux/C++/Python work environment, software, and toolchains
- Deep expertise in at least two of the following areas: autonomous vehicles/mobile-robotics/field-robotics software, high-definition mapping, embedded real-time software, software infrastructure (i.e. distributed systems, IPC, etc.), and fault-tolerant software.
- Expertise in software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Expertise implementing complex software systems and deploying on real-world systems
- You have grown diverse geographically dispersed software teams
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From