We are seeking a Director of Perception with expertise in leading the development of perception capabilities for mobile robotics or autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions. Specifically, this individual should have experience in real time perception algorithms, especially for unstructured scenes, such as public road driving and active safety (ADAS) systems. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the Perception technical roadmap, leading a team of talented research scientists and software engineers, collaborating with technical leadership in other areas such as Planning, System Architecture, and Sensors and ultimately delivering solutions for our autonomous driving system.
- Deliver safety-critical software for self-driving cars by leading, managing, and growing a team of Perception engineers & scientist.
- Lead the design and implementation of the Perception technical roadmap
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide the team with technical leadership.
- Interview, hire, and manage a diverse team of talent Perception Engineers and Scientist
- Deep expertise in multi-modal perception and vision development
- Recent experience in implementing vision & perception algorithms
- Expertise implementing autonomy solutions and deploying on real-world systems
- You have grown diverse geographically dispersed SW Teams
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, or a related field
- Past track record in software engineering w/ development on Linux systems
- Experience working in robots, automotive and/or aerospace
- Significant hands-on technical leadership and engineering management experience
- Track record of delivering complex technical projects
In Return You Can Expect
To be empowered to lead a talented team of Perception engineers & scientist in developing a solution for the first ever Commercial Driverless system. You will grow the team, doubling in 1 to 2 years, mentor the staff through their career development, create a connected team culture, and develop an inspiring vision and technical roadmap. Also, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with peers across Machine Learning, Planning & Controls, and Localization help architect the overall Autonomy system for an Autonomous Driving product
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From