JRNI: Director of People and Talent
At JRNI, we are at the cutting edge of enterprise SaaS, taking a platform approach to our technology that enables large companies to revolutionize the way they engage with their customers. Our platform covers a whole host of functionality including events scheduling, appointments, events, call centers and much more. We know that customers now engage with businesses in a range of ways, be that online or in person, and expect a seamless experience as they cross these boundaries from digital to physical interactions. Our technology enables enterprises to do just that, removing barriers to building one continuous customer relationship. We may be a technology business, but it’s our people that drive us.
We pride ourselves on our great working culture and now we are looking for the next hire to help drive this forward. Headquartered in London, and with expanding offices in Boston and Sydney, we’re looking for an experienced, professional Director of People and Talent to join our growing team in Boston. The People team is at the heart and soul of JRNI's culture and is responsible for finding, welcoming and nurturing our team members. This role will head up the US HR function and whilst it will report into our Head of People based in London, there will be huge amounts of freedom and you will have the autonomy to build out the local offering without the need to seek permission. We’ve seen enviable growth in the last few years and we’re now looking for someone to re-design and future-proof our processes as we continue to build out the company.
What you will responsible for:
- You’ll take ownership of the entire US People function, including recruitment, payroll and benefits, training and employee relations.
- You will be a key driver of the company culture and will be responsible for ensuring that living our values comes naturally to the team.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our HR operations and policies and re-engineer processes to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- You will handle all local employee relations in line with agreed procedure and will ensure our disciplinary and performance management processes are fully compliant with local regulations. Part of this will involve re-designing policies and updating the handbook where needed.
- Develop rapport with the wider team and in particular senior executives and department managers to provide insight and advice on a range of issues. You’ll be a trusted voice around the table and will be involved in strategic decision making for the US entity.
- Influence leadership by establishing credibility and develop a reputation for being a proactive problem solver who takes a practical approach to overcoming challenges.
- With guidance from the Head of People (London), you will oversee and run local learning and development initiatives to ensure the team is constantly being upskilled.
- You will manage talent planning and administer local performance reviews as part of the global process.
The role requires the following skills and experience:
- A good degree most likely in business or law.
- You probably have a string of relevant HR qualifications, but we’re open to comparable work experience.
- You have a very strong understanding of the local legal environment in terms of MA employment law and are confident in running processes in line with this.
- You’re a proven proactive problem solver and will have been a trusted decision- maker at a senior level in at least one other fast-growing company, ideally technology.
- You have hands-on recruitment experience and are able to run multiple funnels at a time in tandem with BAU responsibilities. You still get a buzz out of finding the best new recruits for the team!
- You will be used to making decisions with limited input and as such have a strong aptitude for ad-hoc risk assessment and stakeholder management.
- You have been responsible for payroll and benefits administration and can confidently run this with the support of a service provider.
- You’ve probably managed a team before and will be excited to grow yours here.
- You’re naturally super organized and can not only keep up with having such a broad remit but thrive from having such a range of responsibilities at any one time.
Our strong, values-driven culture makes JRNI a great place to work (check these out on our careers page)! We care deeply about the growth and happiness of every member of our team. We offer out of office personal learning days, generous maternity and paternity packages, discounted health insurance and dental, monthly social events and regular training, company stock options, and flexible working options to help you strike the right balance. If you’d like to help us drive this even further forward then please apply now!