Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Our broad partner ecosystem fuels Starbursts success and growth, and we are looking for an experienced Director of Partner Marketing to lead our Partner Marketing function reporting into the CMO.
As the Director of Partner Marketing, your responsibility is in defining, executing, and measuring the Partner Marketing strategy. Youll partner with the Partner team to support executing the global partner strategy. Youll own the marketing strategy and manage the marketing relationships with our partners and determine the most appropriate marketing tactics for the intended outcome with the partner, sales, marketing, and the partner account owners. You will be responsible for creating and coordinating joint content and joint activities with our partners and the partner team.
We are looking for an excellent communicator with a partner marketing background.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Partner Marketing has 5-7 years of experience in Partner Marketing and or Business Development roles and has operated in a Partner Marketing capacity for a software company, preferably at a start-up in the data space. Exposure to working with GSI, ISV, and Cloud Partners is required.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, define, build and execute partner marketing programs that allow us to market to, with, and through our strategic partnerships across GSI, channel partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), and cloud partners.
- Leverage and build repeatable campaigns that can easily be adopted and utilized by the border partner ecosystem to drive demand and pipeline growth on their own.
- In the context of partner GTM plans, define the best-suited marketing activities to support the intended outcome.
- Establish a consistent partner communications strategy to keep the partners in the loop and maintain their growth momentum with Starburst
- Help bring joint partner solutions to market through appropriate assets and activities.
- Where needed, create joint partner content spanning solution briefs, case studies, leadership papers to showcase and support the joint partner GTM motion.
- Lead all partner integration launches cross-functionally into market.
- Collaborate with the broader marketing team to include partners in the field marketing plans and support on execution of joint partner events, content, and web pages.
- Handle any relationship-building infrastructure-related projects such as event registration and managing our web presence on partner sites, etc.
- Manage and monitor the partner marketing budget and ROI of partner activities.
- Represent the partner marketing function to the team and executives as needed.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in or around field marketing, partner marketing, and product marketing
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Committed to engaging with and delighting customers and partners
- Experience working in all content formats, including video and podcasting
- Experience planning events, both digital and in-person
- A strong understanding of and experience with partner marketing measurement
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
- Experience in selling partner sponsorships
- Experience with partner integration launches
- Familiarity with a range of martech and analytics tools (Our stack includes Hubspot, WordPress, Salesforce, Google Analytics)
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.