Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Strategic Planning, the Director of Operations Program Management will lead a growing Operations Project and Program Management team that is responsible for the Manufacturing and Supply Chain readiness and launch for new and sustaining product initiatives across all product lines.
iRobot is in a truly exciting time in its progression as a company. Many of the most interesting challenges intersect with this Operations Program Management team and its leadership within the Operations team and cross-functional alignment with Research & Development and Product Management. There are opportunities to develop and implement a newly updated product development process construct. This role entails developing strategies, methods and team-building approaches to deliver high manufacturing and supply chain performance in the delivery of high-quality robotic products on time and within budget.
- Drive implementation and compliance with a newly updated product development process to ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of the Operations deliverables
- Drive Operations annual capital and expense budgeting and ongoing management and reporting
- Collaborate with the Research & Development Program Management Office and the Product Management Office as primary Operations interface to ensure alignment on program and project priorities
- Collaborate with Operations Functional leads to ensure alignment on program planning, prioritization, and resourcing
- Coach and grow Operations Program Management team and culture towards continuously improved program performance and team and internal customer satisfaction
- Drive manufacturing readiness reviews to ensure all Operations functions are ready for production launch
- Establish guidelines and processes for hand off from new product teams to sustaining Operations team
- Establish and track program KPIs consistent with the Operations and company goals and objectives
- Assess Operations process effectiveness and drive initiatives within Operations and across functions to support continued improvements and progress toward functional and companywide objectives
- Continually advance Operations Program Management competency by promoting and understanding and use of industry best practices for Program Management and continuously identifying ways to tailor these practices for implementation within the iRobot Operations team
- Manage cadence, structure and content of Operations Program reviews
- Manage the assignment of the OPMs to new project and programs
- Travel 10-20%
- BS or greater in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, etc.)
- PMP training and certification, Agile certification is a plus
- Experience working within a global Contract Manufacturing model, specifically with Far East Manufacturing
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in an Operations/Manufacturing environment; hands on-manufacturing experience on manufacturing floor
- Ability to establish trust and confidence with customers, employees, peers and executives while driving for results
- A confident, experienced director with a minimum of 10 years of Manufacturing product development experience, and 10 years of managing high-performing teams.
- Must thrive on turning ambiguity and chaos into a coherent and well-run plan (with the right balance of process, rigor, innovation and fun)
- Strong leadership, collaboration, motivation, strategic thinking and analytical skills; as well as the ability to combine broad technical, business and cultural factors in making well-considered decisions
- Strong business acumen. Team player attitude with high energy level, able to get things done by working with and through others
- A good communicator, with high EQ, who understands the value of an engaged organization, and knows how to build one
- Demonstrated success in leading distributed, cross-functional, and cross-cultural teams.
- Past budget and forecasting responsibilities for a global product development and manufacturing organization
- Master’s degree in technical or business field (MS/MBA)
- Experience as expatriate leading electromechanically complex manufacturing operations internationally
- Experience in consumer Manufacturing Quality including Statistical process control, root cause analysis, PFMEA, and corrective and preventive actions
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From