Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And were here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen. Our customers are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration.
As the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for our multi-cloud, hybrid infrastructure. You will supervise and guide an extremely talented team that is actively involved in improving stability, efficiency and scalability of the Brightcove platform. You will be experienced and data-driven, with a history of building solid, large-scale environments.
- Display solid understanding of cloud and datacenter architecture and deployments
- Manage resolution and escalation of technical problems. Effectively troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement efforts through standardized work to manage costs, improve productivity, and bring a high level of quality and consistency
- Closely collaborate with Engineering and the business stakeholders to deliver and maintain a high level of availability
- Mentor and grow a geographically dispersed team.
- Work closely with leadership and the Security teams to provide input into the design and implementation of the security infrastructure
- Develop the skill set of the team through proficient management and clear objectives
- Foster a culture of operational excellence through pragmatism and attention to detail
- 7+ years of experience managing complex environments
- Strong experience managing a team comprised of local and remote employees
- Knowledge of and experience working with IaaS and PaaS across one or more commercial clouds preferably AWS
- Ability to lead teams and own high-availability, fault tolerant SaaS environments
- Experience supporting hybrid applications across on-premise and cloud environments
- Ability to understand situations or problems by organizing information in a logical way
- Creative and critical thinker who can drive execution and multitask with efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience managing vendors, negotiating deals and tracking against budgets
- Manage a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Strong written, oral, and public speaking communication skills
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. The office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
More Jobs From