In this role, you will be on the forefront of new product innovation creating the next generation of consumer robots working in a fast-paced environment bringing to life the vision of the company. You will leverage consumer insights and iRobots technology roadmap to envision, develop and bring to market new products that meet user needs. You will lead and be the standard bearer for the product we make and be responsible for making product decisions in the development cycle.
In this role you can expect to be exposed to cutting edge consumer robotics technology and develop/refine your leadership skills in a fast-paced, consumer-centric environment bringing exciting products to market.
What You Will Do:
- Develop the vision for new consumer robotic products that will deliver new benefits and experiences that create purchase intent and user satisfaction
- Develop business cases that support New Product Innovation that will continue iRobots momentum in growing and leading in consumer robotics
- Influence and lead thinking on the iRobot product roadmap
- Lead the NPI teams inclusive of R&D, Operations, and Design UX to deliver on the product vision by making product design, feature, and cost decisions
- Collaborate with counterparts in Product, Marketing, and Commercial to bring new product innovation to market
- Accountable to delivering on holistic product launch commitments (timing, cost, capabilities, user experience, and business results) on complex new to product programs
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelors degree in technical field or technical management
- MBA or Masters Degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience spanning
- Product management
- Envisioning and bringing new products to market
- P/L understanding and business management
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong track record or delivering successful innovative products to market, experience in consumer electronics is highly preferred
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity, ability to pioneer new ideas
- Experience managing a team and capable of setting and aligning team goals to org goals.
- Ability to leverage data, analysis and interpret potential outcomes in order to identify actions
- Ability to collaborate with counterparts in product, R&D, marketing, sales, and operations
- Ability to lead via influence and effective communication
- Tenacity to keep teams and programs moving despite obstacles