Director, Mechanical Engineering
- Be an effective people manager who provides technical guidance, design evaluation, and facilitates career growth.
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate design schedules and delegate staff resources to meet customer driven deadlines and increase team efficiency.
- Increase the capabilities of the mechanical engineering team at Vecna through mentoring and further recruitment.
- Deliver quality mechanical engineering work by enforcing standard procedures and practices.
- Manage SolidWorks EPDM workflow and design release cycle.
- Interface with other functional leaders.
- Influence product development strategy
- An expert mechanical engineer with a degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, robotics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years practical experience in the design and commercialization of complex electromechanical products, including several of the following: drive systems, motors, gearing, robots, sensing, and control systems, or automation
- Proven track record of design leadership for product development (concept through launch), driving engineering excellence by acting as a mentor to younger engineers to provide critical feedback for designs and working with the Director of Hardware Engineering to improve departmental practices and procedures.
- Experience overseeing and supporting the planning and preparation of design deliverables and client presentations. Ensure deliverables are met per client expectations and project proposals.
- Ability to communicate fluidly across technical domains.
- Experience managing a highly motivated team of engineers providing leadership in a fast-paced and environment.
- Expertise in mechanical design activities: SolidWorks, EPDM, design for manufacturability for a range of manufacturing processes (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), prototyping, testing, engineering analyses including FEA simulation, and technical documentation.
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.