Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do.
As Director of Marketing, you will join a successful and fast-growing company, just starting to make significant investments in brand and customer marketing. This person will help guide the development of the marketing roadmap and toolkit, while supporting investment decisions and driving execution in the areas of marketing listed below.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with VP of Sales & Marketing to guide and develop the companys marketing strategy and roadmap
- Lead the execution of: Brand Marketing, Customer Lifecycle Marketing, Partner Marketing, Lead Nurture, Voice of the Customer, Public Relations, Social Media, Event Marketing
- Supervise a small team that will grow with our future success
- Lead outside agencies (creative production, web production, possible retained PR agency)
- Develop and amplify brand messaging and positioning to drive our goals in the market
- Own the creation of written and video content that highlights Forward Financing and tells the story of who we are and what differentiates us
- Build a better foundation of metrics and measurement to increase leadership visibility into marketing efforts and results - and to inform decision making
- Improve 1:1 marketing communication with customers and renewal prospects in order to strengthen relationships and increase customer lifetime value
- Represent the Voice of the Customer (and of our referral partners) in decision making around the company
- 8+ years marketing or related experience
- Experience with branding, positioning and differentiating in a competitive marketplace
- Self-directed, able to communicate effectively and efficiently with leadership on key decisions while independently executing a marketing roadmap
- Experience with basic marketing automation tools such as HubSpot or similar
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!