About the role:
Vecna Robotics seeks a passionate, energetic and focused leader to join the team as Director of Marketing and Communications. The Director of Marketing and Communications will develop and execute a communications strategy to drive brand recognition and growth through the creation and distribution of rich content for prospective customers through traditional and new media, the management of logistics and planning of events such as user summits and tradeshows, and the execution and evaluation of new, creative approaches to the markets we serve. The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude, an exceptional work ethic, attention to detail, and a desire to collaborate openly. This role reports to the VP of Business Development. Writing/content samples are required. This is a full-time, salaried role.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee department, manage external contractors, and manage annual budgets and KPIs.
- Define and execute the strategic and operational planning of all marketing and communication activities, including key performance measurements.
- Use market trends to build brand voice, communications strategy and fresh and relevant campaign content; distribute content across platforms, including social, email, website, and traditional PR.
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence surveillance; educate the product development and sales teams on market trends & competitor movement.
- Create tight alignment with sales on campaign plans and targets and lead creation of engaging sales tools and materials including sales presentations, collateral, case studies, white papers, and ROI models for our direct and indirect sales channels.
- Identify targeted opportunities to showcase our brand, and manage event logistics including: company and personnel registration, creating and printing collateral, preparing show materials for shipment.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial marketing; technology marketing preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, both digitally and in-person.
- Experience with print, social media, and web marketing.
- Familiarity with B2B lead-gen campaigns; warehouse/ecommerce fulfillment background/exposure a plus.
- Strong knowledge and use of web content management tools, MS Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, SEO, and Google Analytics.
- Strong ability to set priorities and manage timelines.
- Exceptional resourcefulness and attention to detail in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Startup experience/mentality with the ability to get things done in a small team.
- Experience with graphic design preferred.
- BS Degree; technical background preferred.
- Logistics/Supply Chain industry experience a big plus
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning. To learn more about the technology behind our robots, please see our YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HuBeNHpWhc.