PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We are searching for a Director to lead our Machine Learning Team to push the envelope with our key partners, lead ML engineers to develop unique methodologies, and develop new business opportunities. This critical role will drive business impact by leading the team to consistently deliver the highest quality analyses to our clients, and curate our scientific project portfolio. The ideal candidate will be extremely performance oriented, client-centric, intellectually curious, ambitious, self-driven, and be able to communicate fluently in our interdisciplinary environment.
What youll do:
- Manage the machine learning scientific project team: to provide a clear vision, guide project execution, and to create growth opportunities for the team.
- Work with Scientific Program Managers, Biomedical Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers to develop projects addressing client needs. Ensure quality delivery and efficient execution of scientific projects.
- Contribute to the entire technological process from the drafting of statement of work through execution.
- Collaborate with business and product teams to develop new business from existing and prospective clients.
- Provide guidance to the team to develop new machine learning methodologies and deliver research outcomes to client projects.
- Continually improve our translational research processes and share knowledge within the company towards our mission.
What youll need:
- 5 -10 years technical project leadership experiences with cross functional teams (biomedical imaging domain preferred)
- Strong track record in developing and applying novel ML/DL/CV methods to biomedical problems and/or clinical applications.
- Sufficient biomedical domain expertise to guide company strategy, as well as to relate high-level medical and scientific goals to specific ML problems and approaches.
- An effective communicator bridges the gap between biomedical researchers and clinicians, and ML practitioners.
- Strong team leadership and management experience: to recruit, engage and develop staff in a fast pace, cross-functional setting.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts and applications
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.