Office Tour Photos
Were not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, theres a place for you at Toast. Weve 86d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
Were looking for a Senior Director of Learning & People Development to build, promote, and manage the learning culture at Toast. S/he will be a leader with influence across the Toast organization to affect, implement, and overhaul learning development strategies and programs for all Toast employees. S/he will also work to enhance a culture of learning at Toast by leading and managing the instructional design, development, delivery and evaluation of onboarding events and programs, skill development frameworks for individuals and managers, learning methods and channel creation, and the implementation of a world-class training platform. Creativity, entrepreneurship, collaboration, and a get-stuff-done attitude are central to this persons ethos.
The role will report to the VP of People Success and will have the opportunity to support in the development and implementation of programs and processes that enhance the entire employee experience as a member of the People & Culture leadership team. We are eager to meet driven candidates who crave impact, thrive in ambiguity and want to experience a start-up in hyper-growth.
About this roll*
- Be an ambassador for the Toast culture - helping to ensure a high bar for performance and a trusting, collaborative and fun environment (and have a blast doing so)
- Create and implement new programs designed to help every Toaster realize their full potential, from onboarding to continued learning (and know that those programs are effective, and tweak if theyre not)
- Align Toast on a central learning management system, know how to build upon it, and educate the company on the value of that platform (and know what to select and how to vet the right tools)
- Build, socialize, and launch the learning and people development strategy at Toast (and know the value and place of the basics alongside that of the advanced stuff)
- Develop relevant metrics to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services offered through L&PD (and love working in the numbers)
- Partner deeply with all functions including embedded Enablement teams to align and institute people journeys and operating models that clarify roles and responsibilities (and enjoy building those relationships)
- Build and implement leadership development programs that inspire and support the growth of managers and leaders at all levels (and get your hands dirty while doing so)
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Several years experience within and leading learning and people development functions
- Experience building, re-building, and scaling teams at high-growth companies
- Love of learning and developing individuals and teams to be high performing
- Proven experience developing programs aimed at upskilling individuals and teams
- Strong communications and change management skills
- Desire to start from a place of yes with the courage to say no when appropriate
- Ability to think creatively, build from left field, and seek unconventional approaches
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Desire to operate in a fast-paced, multinational organization
More Jobs From