Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toasts People Team is continuously growing and changing! We are looking for a Director of Leadership Development to join our People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team, and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as e-learning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. We also partner across the organization to support learning and enablement for talent and performance management, and track analytics to measure impact. These solutions enable and accelerate capability for Toast employees, managers and leaders to scale with the rapid pace of the business.
The Director of Leadership Development will define the leadership development architecture at Toast, creating an integrated strategy that builds critical leadership capabilities and bench for our inclusive, high-growth company. Reporting to the VP of People and Organizational Development, you will collaborate with teams across the organization to introduce a variety of leadership and professional development solutions that accelerate career growth, including ILT, coaching, assessment tools, and other experiential learning. You will play a critical role in shaping our senior leadership development framework and programs that enable readiness, transformation and business results.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Leads the design and implementation of Leadership Development Programs
- Defines, implement and manages a progressive leadership development program that provides continuous growth opportunities for our leaders, particularly at senior and executive levels
- Supports the Talent Experience by collaborating with our People Success team to provide talent-driven learning solutions that develop capabilities to fill skill and performance gaps
- Designs leadership development activities to meet company needs by utilizing a variety of media; including e-learning, tutorial sessions, workshops, coaching, etc.
- Measures and evaluates development programs to understand the effectiveness and impact. Leverages analysis to enhance future strategies and tactics.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and People Success Partners to anticipate needs, gather requirements and benchmark industry trends and best practices in training and development
- Develop a practical leadership assessment strategy for development and talent movement
- Develops relationships with People Success Partners, executive leaders and Enablement teams across Toast
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or other related area
- Broad HR, Talent Management or Learning & Development experience, including managing a function
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence key stakeholders, HR and business leaders in a decentralized learning environment
- Thorough understanding of adult learning theory, learning technologies and instructional design methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing the strategy, program design and implementation of learning initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong background in leadership development
- Excellent facilitation & coaching skills
- Knowledgeable about Diversity & Inclusion practices in a business context. Connects authentically with people of all backgrounds and integrates diversity & inclusion into talent development programs.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required