Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
On our mission to make homeownership more accessible and less stressful, we must take the utmost care with our homeowner data. We are adding a Director of Information Security to our team to charter this initiative. This new position, reporting to our VPE, will be responsible for advancing our information security, risk management and data compliance across the company.
- 6+ years of experience working in high-functioning organizations with robust IT and/or InfoSec programs.
- Experience managing application security and security operations.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills. To be successful, youll work effectively across many departments.
- Collaborative. We need to be secure and flexible.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. There is a lot of building the Hometap playbook in this role.
- A continuous learner. You keep up with the latest industry best practices and are always working to improve your skills and deepen your knowledge.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with best practices for data security and protection of consumer and financial information.
- Industry certification (CISSP or similar) preferred.
- Preference for those with experience in a consumer-facing company dealing with customer data, or even better, experience with customer data in a regulated context.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Contribute to the development of the cyber risk and compliance programs.
- Engage with experts on the design of technical security architecture
- Partner with various teams, including engineering, to maintain secure and compliant practices.
- Work with our vendors and partners to ensure secure and compliant system and process integrations.
- Manage the technical aspects of regulatory audits.
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.