Office Tour Photos
Director of Industrial Engineering
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfairs Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfairs Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What Youll Do
- Design and implement the next generation of warehouse automation including ASRS, various storage systems, robotics, unit sortation, and conveyance systems. Provide direct and indirect leadership to Wayfairs technology and engineering teams spanning approximately 10M sq. ft. of warehouse space in the US and International locations.
- Responsible for developing the roadmap of automation and technology for fulfillment design.
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements.
- Develop and hire team of professionals that will enable an aggressive push into cutting edge technology.
- Design and implement the next generation of warehouse automation including ASRS, various storage systems, robotics, unit sortation, and conveyance systems.
- Ability to travel globally up to 50%
What Youll Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Engineering, Systems Design, Supply Chain Management, Logistics. MBA Preferred.
- 10+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail oriented skills, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Excellent knowledge in warehousing, fulfillment, material handling, and freight networks.
- Established working relationships with Tier 1 material handling vendors.
- Strong design and working knowledge of WMS, WES, and WCS systems.
- Familiarity with agile development and release methodology.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local, remote, internally, and externally; and
- Successfully manage multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From