Director, Global HR Operations
The Director, Global HR Operations will be responsible for leading the Company’s Global HR operations ensuring that the delivery of Carbonite’s HR services meet business, service level, and cost requirements. The position oversees the design and continuous improvement of core HR processes and policies and partner with management, employees and vendors to drive operational excellence and delivery across all HR Shared Services (Payroll, HRIS, Talent Metrics, Reporting, and Compensation).
Additionally, the role will work directly with our benefits team on the effective design, implementation, management, and reporting of a portfolio of benefits offerings to Carbonite employees worldwide ensuring that these offerings are cost and market competitive and administered efficiently and effectively.
This role will manage a Global team and be responsible for development and deployment of potential new, fit-for-purpose platforms for HR service delivery and HRIS technologies offerings. You’ll also be the lead in managing HR operations due diligence and integration for possible future company acquisitions.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Learn about current Global HR Operations and Benefit plans and programs.
- Develop, implement and continuously evaluate an HR Operations strategy which ensures the HR function delivers an exceptional user experience to its employees.
- Work closely with the benefits team to implement a strategy for an equitable employee benefits package across all geographies. Work closely with the HR and Finance Leadership Teams to develop and manage reporting for all HR budgets, including quarterly forecasts and variance explanations.
- Oversee the implementation of a new time and attendance reporting system (Europe).
- Effectively manage and partner with external vendors, including but not limited to leading RFP processes and less formal processes, to select, hire and onboard vendors.
- All of the above, plus;
- Serve as a member of Company’s newly created Employee Benefits Committee which will drive the development, implementation, and continuous review of a multi-year benefits strategy balancing emerging trends, market competitiveness and cost.
- Facilitate continuous process improvement of the user experience with HR Operations through partnerships within the HR organization and throughout the enterprise.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective HR processes to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR services and integrity/accuracy of HR data.
- Proactively audit and coordinate established procedures, systems and standards for overall HR operations. Track, analyze, and communicate key success metrics as they relate human resource programs & operations; i.e. onboarding and exit survey metrics, KPIs.
- Partner with the benefits team on the management of the overall Benefits administration and ensure efficient processing of benefits and effective coordination with payroll, HRIS and other HR partners.
- Oversee the analysis of HR/Payroll reports as well as regulatory/ compliance reports (e.g. EEO-1; 401k discrimination testing, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory agencies worldwide.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on industry trends, continuously evaluating and implementing best practices as appropriate.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
The position will manage a Global team, with matrixed reports, so must be comfortable managing employees in other countries and time zones. Carbonite is a very fast-paced environment with priorities constantly evolving.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in designing and administering comprehensive US and global HR Operations strategies. Extensive experience in Compensation, Benefits, and Creation of Dashboard Reporting in a public company environment is a plus.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed technology company known as a great place to work.
- Experience overseeing Global HCM systems and HR operations.
- Familiar with all HR functions.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience in a fast-paced, global organization.
- You have demonstrated expert level strategic, analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills
- You have the proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
- You have a collaborative approach to working with internal customers and proven experience managing external benefit partners and other third-party vendors.
- You are a team player who responds to challenge with a sense of urgency.
- You have superb customer service ethic with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.