We are ERT, a global, innovative and market-leading platform solutions provider that captures quality efficacy and safety endpoints, harmonizes data from any clinical source system, and delivers real-time insights for optimum trial performance.
ERT’s combination of technology, services, and consulting increases the accuracy and reliability of patient data and improves the efficiency of the clinical development process throughout the product lifecycle. ERT provides sponsors and CROs with the most widely deployed solutions in centralized Cardiac Safety, Respiratory, and Electronic Clinical Outcome Assessments (eCOAs including patient, clinician, and observer reported outcomes).
We currently seek a Director, Category Management, to execute and implement effective procurement strategies for direct goods and services, throughout the entire procurement life cycle. This ultra-high visibility role will focus on global procurement of goods and services related to Hardware, Medical Equipment, and Manufacturing - you will need to build strong internal relationships with all internal stakeholders and partners in order to provide strategic direction, process, and tools for purchasing activities.
This role may be filled in Boston, MA or Bristol, PA (this role is not open to 100% remote work at this time.)
In this role, you will
- Spearhead, develop and implement multi-million dollar procurement strategies from the identification of needs through the delivery of direct goods and services for hardware, medical equipment, and manufacturing.
- Implement and execute plan to reduce overall spend and number of Suppliers that provide direct goods and services to ERT
- Provide strategic partnership and direction to purchase direct spend categories and services for the company in an efficient and economical manner following established policies and procedures in processing purchase orders.
- Search and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service, reliability, production and distribution capabilities as well as supplier's reputation and historical spend.
- Negotiate, renegotiate and administer Supplier contracts with support from Purchasing personnel
- Assesses near-term and long term plans to establish that supplier priorities are balanced with business needs; consults with key stakeholders and other subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions; advises on options, risks, the total cost of ownership, and business impacts
- Support the evaluation and implementation of Source-to-Pay technology tools
- Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against budget on a monthly basis to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met
- Partner with technology leaders and key business stakeholders to develop long-term development strategies and capture business requirements
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure the execution of defined strategies. Manages day-to-day ongoing category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within the supply base
- Develop and Lead the execution of category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI's and RFP's, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams, conducts supplier negotiations, and ongoing supplier management
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices. Provide procurement input to maximize procurement leverage, optimize project design, and minimize project duration and cost
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
- Provides oversight of work quality and constructive feedback to direct and indirect reports, where applicable
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
The qualified candidate will offer
- BS, BA in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance or similar qualification from work experience
- Direct procurement Sourcing and Contract Negotiations: 5-7 years (Preferred); prior experience sourcing in a manufacturing environment needed (ideally for a global operation)
- Knowledge of best practice within Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Self-starter, who can operate in a broad spend category
- Analytically strong, to execute spend analysis, analyze cost drivers and support harmonization of specifications
- Must possess strong communication, negotiating and influencing capabilities
- Must be highly organized and meticulous with regard to documentation and procedures
- Team builder and partner who can include different functions and different levels of seniority (both internal and external)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with broad direction
- Ability to drive and steer multiple projects
- Be able to manage conflicting business interests, understand and be able to establish common ground in organizational barriers
ERT is a growing and rewarding place to advance your career, especially for those who are passionate about finding solutions that improve lives – or save lives – for millions of people around the world. Our success starts with caring and collaborative people, from the recent college grad who’s just getting started to the seasoned professional with a wealth of knowledge, skills and experience. Together, we’re making a difference.
ERT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.