Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
Zipcar has an exciting leadership role for Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). This role reports into the President of Zipcar and will be a key member of the Leadership Team. The candidate in this position will provide financial and analytical support across the entire Zipcar North America business to drive strategic decisions for the company, as well as develop and lead a team of professionals.
- Partner with members of the Zipcar Leadership Team to provide key decision support across all functional areas (marketing, operations, product, engineering, member services, etc)
- Lead monthly forecasting, performance monitoring, and financial improvement plans across the organization
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood by senior leaders
- Partner with the finance organization at our corporate parent, Avis Budget Group, on monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Prepare monthly CFO reviews and support preparation of materials for investor calls and board meetings.
- Lead and drive annual financial planning and three-year financial strategic planning process
- Serve as liaison and/or business stakeholder for corporate financial accounting projects such as financial systems development
- Serve as the business partner to the organization to ensure smooth workflows and efficient processes into the broader Avis Budget Group Finance organization such as accounting and tax
- Lead beyond budgeting and planning – be a thought partner across departments to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the business
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and identify controls and improve processes across the organization
- Advance the insight and understanding of the business’ unit economics and KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company
- Partner with the Analytics team to deliver key financial and operating metrics and analysis to support performance monitoring and ad hoc analyses
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop business cases for capital projects and ensure that capitalization policies are adhere to
- Manage and grow a high-performing group of finance team members
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 10+ years of experience working in a high-growth environment; consumer/marketplace finance experience preferred
- Proven track record of building, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization
- Collaborative and energetic individual with a positive attitude and hands-on mentality
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer