Office Tour Photos
WordStream is hiring a Director of Finance to join our rapidly growing organization. In this new role, this Director will be responsible for financial planning and analysis, business finance partnering, budgeting, forecasting, financial statement preparation and strategy support. In partnership with the firms parent company, a large, publicly traded entity, this role will oversee accounting activities related to financial statement preparation and analysis, accounts payable processing, billing and accounts receivable collection and compliance. If you have a strong background in strategic finance and business partnering we want to hear from you!
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMBs succeed and grow by helping SMBs across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Report directly into to the SVP of Finance, Strategy & Operations
- Taking immediate ownership of current accounting processes and directing monthly financial statement preparation and consolidation process
- Developing and analyzing KPIs and business trends
- Identifying areas for financial, resource and operational improvement through continuous assessment
- Providing management with thoughtful insight and analysis to drive business decisions
- Leading development of enhanced financial planning and monthly/quarterly/annual projections and budgets
- Generating and reviewing monthly financial and operational reports
- Providing leadership and guidance on strong internal communications
- Support strategic planning and initiatives
- Leadership of our talented and motivated finance team
A little about you...
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 8-12 years of experience within a Finance & Accounting leadership role
- General accounting experience; financial statements, month end closing, AP/AR
- Ability to balance being the safe-guarder of assets for an organization while being a collaborative business partner
- Ability to collaborate in a highly team-oriented atmosphere
- Experience implementing new financial policies and procedures in the organization
- FP&A experience required
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Experience with subsidiaries/parent companies
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
A little about our many benefits...
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Bostons Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the countrys fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And were just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!
WordStream is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
More Jobs From