Office Tour Photos
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, energetic, and collaborative Director of Global Events who is a well-seasoned event marketer and problem-solver, to participate in the development and execution of complex global event marketing programs.
- Strategic, long-term tactical planning is a must in regard to organizing and managing a diverse range of global events, with concentration in sponsorships, tradeshows and conferences
- Define objectives, measurable goals, messages, audiences, and timelines to deliver meaningful, memorable event experiences
- Collaborate and communicate with internal teams Sales and Field Marketing, Demand Generation and Programs, Channel Engagement, Communications, Public Relations, et al
- Create and manage large-scale, complex budgets (department and project based) and project plans
- Oversee execution elements venue selection and negotiation, vendors, internal creative/design teams, deliverables, logistics and operations
- Facilitate communication with event speakers (internal and external)
- Participate in the building and maintenance of event calendar
- Design and craft email campaigns
- Track and measure marketing program effectiveness
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in corporate event marketing, preferably in high tech environment
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated success in event and project management
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and influential relationship-builder
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Go beyond day-to-day work to assist customers in a positive manner. Take initiative to improve outcomes, processes, or measurements.
- Ability and desire to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment -- under pressure, tight deadlines, and with limited supervision
- Ability to analyze key metrics and interpret them into actionable data points
- Act upon the feedback received and thank people for their insight. Is open to new ideas and listens to other peoples points of view.
- Ability to travel 30%+ and work flexible hours
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, registration management software, and other measurement tools
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
More Jobs From