Director of Engineering, Platform
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision, Machine Learning and AI in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, we recognize that the early tools we've built so far, while powerful, will need to be integrated into a broader platform in order to grow to the scale we aspire.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Director of Engineering to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. In this position you will be part principal level engineer and part teacher / mentor, recruiter and people manager.We believe in using the best tool for the job. While were always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
- Amazon Web Services
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Strong technical team leadership. Expect this to be approximately 50% hands-on and 50% people and team leadership.
- Architect a modern platform design for our growing product.
- Lead your team in building tools that make the rest of the team more productive, automating repetitive processes for both speed and accuracy.
- Support a wide variety of use cases, from experimental work to mission-critical production operations.
- Consider security and privacy, identifying soft spots and helping to address them before they become a serious problem.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via 8+ years in the industry and having lead teams of at least 10 engineers.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.