Who We Are:
Wayfair is growing at an amazing rate. It takes a lot of work to support our customer and suppliers transaction rates to account for all that. On top of that, we work at a scale beyond typical ERP systems, with homebuilt financial tools connecting to our internal order management and warehouse management systems.
We are an internal Product Management and Development team supporting the technical needs of our Finance and Accounting teams globally.
What Youll Do:
As we grow, we need a leader who can help us manage our growth and aspirations, particularly helping us navigate what we need to build and where we can leverage tools in the market. As the Director of Finance Engineering, you will lead us to make and buy the technology that supports our rocketing growth, while making sure that every penny is accounted for.
In this role, you will own the overarching vision, strategy and execution of product development. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including our direct Finance and Accounting stakeholders, as well as leaders across the company driving new and growing business across Wayfair.
What Youll Need:
This role presents significant technical, analytical and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will:
- Have a demonstrated track record of delivering large Financial products in an agile environment. You have not just integrated third party tools, youve made them.
- Have experience in the Financial domain--you know your way around a balance sheet and a P&L statement.
- Know the key features ERP systems and GL tools, and can talk about the differences between various commercial options
- Have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple product development teams as well as making tradeoff and investment decisions across multiple domains / stakeholders
- Have experience leading both product managers and software developers in a team environment of 100+ people
- Be an entrepreneurial and creative problem solver, able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams to bring your vision to reality
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.