At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
With our recent $25 million Series B funding, we are starting our next chapter as the leaders in healthcare data. Check us out in Forbes.
About this job:
As a small but rapidly growing company, we are looking for an experienced software engineering leader to grow and scale our engineering team. You will be a key member of a multi-talented team that is using cutting edge web and data technologies to innovate the industry-leading FHIR Interoperability platform to access patient electronic health record data for the digital healthcare industry.
As an engineering leader, you will lead the 1upHealth Cloud Operations teams to assure the security, reliability, and availability of the 1up cloud-based FHIR platform, API, and applications. In addition, you will drive the implementation of automated tools and technologies to enable efficient development, delivery, and management of 1upHealths distributed services.
What you'll do:
- Attract, engage, retain, coach teams of exceptional engineers and architects - including mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation.
- Manage, monitor 1upHealth infrastructure and service availability.
- Implement application security best practices throughout the agile SDLC.
- Foster and advocate for a DevOps culture at 1upHealth to ensure efficient testing, delivery, and deployment of all 1upHealth software artifacts.
- Implement tools and automation to enhance the observability, management, and diagnosis of the 1upHealth platform and applications.
- Track, manage, and report the cost of 1upHealth cloud infrastructure.
What you'll need"
- Passion to drive organizational and technical operational excellence for commercial cloud-based products and services, ideally with a digital health technology company.
- Technical ability to problem solve with engineers and drive technical trade-offs and decisions. Hands on experience as a software developer and technical leader is a must.
- Deep technical knowledge of cloud-based scalable web application architectures and technologies; AWS and severless FaaS preferred.
- Proficiency driving secure SDLC with DevSecOps practices and metrics.
- Hands on development with infrastructure as code frameworks; Terraform and Serverless Framework a plus.
- Ability to increase team performance with Agile SCRUM and Kanban development methods while minimizing technical debt.
- Experience implementing automation for cloud infrastructure observability, reliability, management, and FinOps.
- Knowledge of information security compliance standards; SOC2, HITRUST a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or a related field preferred.