Office Tour Photos
Director of Software Engineering
SS&C Eze is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join our Eclipse™ cloud platform’s engineering team based out of our Boston headquarters. SS&C Eze is a leading global provider of best-in-breed software solutions and technology services designed to maximize investment and operational alpha for the entire institutional investment community. Our vision: to lead a reimagined investment process by creating a completely open, seamless, and fluid investment ecosystem.
The Eze Eclipse™ platform is a born-in-the-cloud investment solution that supports asset managers’ full investment process in a single, unified platform through a secure web browser interface. As a Director of Software Engineering you will lead multiple teams developing scalable, maintainable and testable services that power the Eclipse platform. You will be utilizing the latest front-end and back-end technologies within a highly automated continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
Day to Day:
- Will Lead multiple cross-functional software engineering teams to build and deliver sophisticated software in a microservices, cloud-based environment
- Collaborate with product owners to help translate complex business requirements into well-formed user stories and designs
- Set technology vision for the organization and set architectural goals
- Define performance and behavioral norms
- Make development contributions that drive culture, strategy and technology vision
- Design scalable, high performance distributed systems
- Identify and adopt relevant technology to drive product goals
- Drive quality practices including TDD, BDD and refactoring
- Foster sustainable development
- Drive operational excellence: ensure service KPIs and continuity
- Conduct blame-free retrospectives; practice kaizen
- Reinvent and simplify: reconceive established paradigms and reduce complexity
- Foster a culture of innovation: encourage bottoms-up continuous improvement
- Reduce delivery lead time and increase deployment frequency
- Reduce MTTR and change failure rate
- Support team development through mentoring and coaching
- Support the development of multiple Associate Developers, who will report into the candidate
- Be responsible for the full employee lifecycle from hiring to termination, including but not limited to creating job descriptions, interviewing, defining work, managing performance, identifying training needs, recommending promotions and terminations.
- Execute against projects and timing commitments by determining work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science highly desirable.
- 7+ years’ experience building testable, intuitive REST API’s (GraphQL experience is a plus).
- 7+ years’ professional experience with at least one object-oriented programming language such as C# or Java
- Other desirable languages include Python, Node.js and Golang
- 5+ years experience building SaaS applications on the public cloud
- 5+ years experience building distributed systems
- 5+ years’ experience in a Dev-ops operating model, building and running the product you own.
- 5+ years of direct supervisory experience (multiple direct reports, or multiple teams).
- 5+ years’ of experience in Agile/SCRUM methodology, specifically leveraging tools like Jira, Confluence
- 5+ years’ of experience with BDD/TDD
- 3+ years experience building microservice architectures
- 3+ years of experience building containerized applications with Docker
- Have an active interest and passion for new technologies and emerging engineering practices.
- Comfortable working with Linux / Mac operating systems
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
If would be nice if you also had experience with:
React or AngularJS
Relational Database – MySQL or other
Node.js or Express.js
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
More Jobs From