Director of Engineering
Localytics, is looking for a Director of Engineering to own and drive all aspects of engineering activities and projects within our growing company. A leading, SaaS-based end-to-end Mobile Analytics and Engagement solution provider, our clients include many top brands, including ESPN, The Weather Channel, Soundhound, Macys, LOreal, and Live Nation.
Localytics has a strong engineering culture focused on giving engineers ownership and autonomy over their tasks. We have a strong mix of front-end, back-end, and AI/ML focus areas, and our distributed backend systems handle petabyte-scale data volumes. Also, Localytics is rapidly expanding our intelligence capabilities to empower brands to drive greater levels of personalization as they increasingly move to a digital-first approach to customer engagement. We are looking for someone with a breadth of knowledge and experience to lead these areas.
The successful candidate will be our engineering tech lead and will work closely with heads of Product Management and Design to drive our vision and strategy and associated product roadmap.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent
- 8+ years of technical experience with at least 2 years managerial experience in developing distributed systems
- Extensive experience working with a JVM language
- Deep familiarity with distributed computing frameworks and large scale data systems
- Managed or lead a team through several product cycles
- Conducted architecture and design reviews
- Manage, mentor and provide career growth guidance for a team of 25 engineers.
- Be a player+coach with expertise to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews
- Be comfortable finding the balance taking ownership of the teams deliverables while giving the engineers the space to take ownership of their work
- Be passionate about technology and stay on top of new developments.
- Jump in and help the team deliver features when it is required
- Balance technical debt vs. feature development vs. supporting customers
- Direct hands on leader with distributed systems experience
- Are tackling some of the hardest problems in the mobile and distributed systems space
- Understand that taking proper time to design, code and test ultimately results in higher velocity.
- Invest in personal and professional development of our engineers
- Take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves seriously.