Examity the world leader in online test integrity and ranked 119th fastest-growing company in North America on the Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500, is looking for a Director of Engineering to join its growing team in our Newton, MA location.
Working closely with our CTO and product leadership, the Director of Engineering will build, enhance and optimize our web and mobile learning validation solutions. The Director will be tasked to build a highly skilled US-based team to operate in unison with our Indian development organization, collectively operating as a high performing software development team. This position will be a key member of the Examity management team who will need to deftly navigate the balance and trade-offs between delivery and investment, process and innovation, and speed and scalability in a growing and innovative company.
- Work day to day with product management, customer support, and account management to develop industry leading proctoring products.
- Build innovative customer-facing products encompassing a highly intuitive user experience.
- Develop the software architecture and technology roadmap in collaboration with our CTO.
- Evaluate new technologies and third-party products to include in the Examity products.
- Plan, prioritize and execute projects under dynamic market conditions and an agile team.
- Develop aggressive but realistic plans and drive teams to deliver high quality projects and products on schedule.
- Build, manage and mentor a high-performing and highly motivated US and India-based software development team.
- Act as a leader within Examity.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field/equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, primarily building scalable enterprise web applications in a variety of cloud implementations; mobile development experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the processing and transmission of video and audio streams is highly desirable.
- 5+ years managing and working with hybrid on/off shore team of software engineers.
- Application of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) fundamentals, in particular, agile and other iterative release approaches.
- Experience in building highly productive software development teams in a rapid growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical/architectural guidance.
- Track record of delivering projects on schedule and at budget.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest-growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, one "work from home" day per week, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
More Jobs From