Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) helps millions of small businesses realize their dreams. We equip small businesses worldwide with products and technology to power their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. Endurances best in class family of brands includes Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, and SiteBuilder, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 3,800 people across the United States, Brazil, India, and the United Kingdom.
Be a part of something big! In this highly visible role, the Director of Engineering will oversee teams building critical shared services which are key to the companys success. These include a Billing Platform and Common Identity service to be used across all our platforms. Exceptional software development is a leading reason why the Endurance International Group is an industry leader in helping small businesses succeed online. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and managing people, a successful candidate will have a take-charge personality who will be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
What You Will Do:
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment
- Help teams scope and create project plans around key business initiatives
- Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Work closely with program management to ensure timelines are met to the satisfaction of key stakeholders
- Verify that systems and practices are compliant to internal and external specifications
- Develop and administer appropriate development career paths and growth
- Continue to hire to build out the teams
Keys to Success:
- More than 10 years in a software development role with at least 5 years managing teams
- Proven track record establishing and leading successful software teams
- Scrum and agile enthusiast along with understanding of other methodologies including Kanban
- Hands on enough to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, and strategies
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including AWS, Java, MySQL and a range of open source libraries
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performant systems preferred
- Experienced and confident enough to communicate to upper management clearly and effectively
- Experience/knowledge of billing systems and environment is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of identity systems is a plus
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. You can expect a salary commensurate with your capabilities, a generous benefits package, and attractive corporate perks that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. If you feel your skills match then please reach out to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer