ClimaCell's Product & Engineering department is focused on building changing lives software and products at scale, from infrastructure that handles massive amounts of data to outstanding customer-centric user experiences in B2B, B2C, and B2D products that change billions of lives worldwide. Every product that the user sees is the result of a pipeline of algorithms that needs to be run quickly and continuously. We focus on making everything become a weather station (from cars to microwave links to IoT devices).
Were looking for an experienced, highly motivated Director Of Engineering Operations, to support and lead our DevOps, IT, and Security efforts. You will be part of the R&D management team, and mentor, train and motivate a team of highly skilled people, to build highly reliable and secure products.
As a Director Of Engineering Operations, Youll lead and mentor a team wholl create a highly reliable production environment, with 0 operational downtimes, and no infrastructure security holes. Youll build and standardize the tools and methodologies to operate and secure the production environments. You'll aspire to modern, advanced, secured, and easy to use corporate IT. Its an amazing opportunity to lead an amazing team to achieve the goal and help us make sure we are building the biggest weather platform in the world.
What youll need:
- 6+ years experience and vast knowledge in tools and methodologies of DevOps - CI, CD, Monitoring, Automation, IaC.
- 3+ years of hands-on management experience.
- Experience in maintaining a production environment, and keeping it highly reliable, with knowledge of HA, DR, Continuous Monitoring, and automation
- Vast experience in a cloud environment, and modern infrastructure (functions, k8s, managed DB and storage, etc).
- Familiarity, and some experience in Implementing security controls (WAF, Firewalls, Security groups, VPN, etc...) and standards (SOC2, ISO27001, etc...)
- Familiarity with corporate IT (help desk, onboarding, and offboarding new people, etc...)
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to engage and motivate people.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Experience in Working with NoC\SoC team
- Experience as SRE
- Some experience in scripting and coding
So if you have a passion for leading a winning team, and you consider yourself as open-minded to new directions, constantly changing and energetic environment and you strive for continuous improvement as a way of life and automation as the way of implementing it - This is the place for you.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
ClimaCell is the worlds leading weather intelligence engine, powering the most compelling insights for teams to drive actions and collaboration around the world.
Building the most robust weather platform in the world, ClimaCells technology enables partners like JetBlue, Ford, AWS, The New England Patriots, National Grid and more to understand how the weather impacts their business operations and implement predictive action plans to improve efficiency, safety, and revenue.
ClimaCell stands apart through its AI-powered Weather-of-Things technology, which offers hyper-local weather insights for businesses via aggregation and data modeling from wireless networks, street cameras, drones, connected cars and more all around the globe.
Founded in 2015 by Harvard Business School and MIT Sloan former jet pilots and weather enthusiasts, ClimaCell is in hyper-growth mode with 7x revenue growth in 2019 and offices in Boston, Boulder, Tel Aviv, and Singapore. ClimaCell also operates ClimaCell.org, a non-profit focused on improving access to weather data globally, helping save and transform billions of lives in developing countries.
How we roll: We work in a one office environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. At ClimaCell, Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.