Director of Data Solutions
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
The Data Solutions Director role is a highly visible and strategic position within the rapidly growing Business Analytics organization at Wayfair. This leader will lead several teams to develop and execute on the big data solutions roadmap for each business initiative they oversee. They are strategic thinkers who collaborate with other senior leaders and executives across the organization to understand the challenges and needs of the business. They identify the right solutions, align the right resources and oversee the development of a wide range of Big Data solutions to tackle these problems. Our leaders move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they champion!
What Youll Do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower large stakeholder groups to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Align with senior leadership to define and develop the data architecture and data solution roadmap for the companys most important initiatives
- Lead several teams to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service BI solutions.
- Lead several concurrent initiatives to develop custom, self-service BI solutions to help solve complex business challenges we face every day
- Develop a strategic working relationship with cross-functional leaders to align these data solutions to their KPIs, levers, and business goals.
- Create the organizational design to optimally serve multiple stakeholder groups and business objectives.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of highly talented data professionals
- Prioritize resources and hiring across multiple areas by balancing short-term needs with longer-term initiatives.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated success working with senior leadership including executives and developing a data architecture roadmap, and providing recommendations that drive business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema, Snowflake schema and Aggregation Techniques.
- Experience leading the development of custom built BI and big data reporting solutions using tools like Tableau, Qlik, OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
- Experience architecting database management systems with traditional and big data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership..
- Experience leading and managing multiple team/projects at any given time supporting and cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
What we'd love to see (but isn't required):
- Scripting experience with Python, Java, Scala, C++
- Experience with big data solution on major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
TheWayfairfamily of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dcor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home dcor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.