Office Tour Photos
The Director of Data Science is responsible for the strategy and execution for our data science team. He or she is passionate about pushing the boundaries of our understanding of human behavior by using novel, longitudinal data streams to describe and define new aspects of human communication and impression formation.
This role will lead a team of data scientists, analysts and engineers, and will seek to answer product-discovery research questions using data-driven analysis and modeling approaches. In addition, the team creates dashboards to drive real-time understanding of conversational dynamics. Furthermore, this role is responsible for the security and maintenance of our data lake and supporting data access tools, which is the backbone of our data science capabilities.
This role reports to the Chief Behavioral Science Officer.
- Design, operationalize and execute the strategy for data science at Cogito.
- Manage a team of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers including hiring for the right cross-section of skills, managing their workload, work prioritization, and career development.
- Maintain independent relationships with senior leadership to support overall company strategy.
- Responsible for managing risk both within and across all data science projects and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Product to develop clear testable hypotheses and deliver results to push product discovery & features forward.
- Collaborate with Product to deliver data-driven dashboards to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with technical leadership to develop both a cloud-based state of the art data lake and the related data access tools.
- Stay up to speed on modern data and statistical approaches.
- BA required, PhD preferred in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Neuroscience, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or relevant field.
- 7+ years experience in data science.
- 3+ years experience leading a data science team.
- Ability to communicate with equal proficiency to technical or business colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced start-up culture.
- Expertise in data analysis tools (Python, R, etc).
- Expertise in modern statistical approaches.
- Familiarity in cloud-based big-data tools and data infrastructure (AWS Athena)
- Familiarity with traditional data management and presentation tools (SQL, Postgres, Excel, Tableau, Powerpoint, etc)
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
2 "Be Gentle" personal days
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
More Jobs From