Office Tour Photos
Endurance Group, a leading provider of innovative Internet-based solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, is looking for a dynamic, energetic, and bright individual to join our Technical Operations team in the Burlington office. This is a tremendous and unique opportunity to join a nimble global company that has achieved significant scale over the past fifteen years, yet still possesses enormous growth potential. You will play an instrumental role in achieving this growth. The Director of Data Center Operations will manage the company's global portfolio of Data Centers, with a strong focus on people, process, and technology to deliver a best in class operation.
As part of a team that's leading the next wave of performance innovation at Endurance, you will play an integral part in advancing multiple technical operations global teams and building a culture of technical excellence across the enterprise. This role will be responsible for the global Data Center Operations team and Critical Facilities group located in Provo UT. This position manages a team of data center technicians and critical facilities technicians working across multiple time zones, with a large portfolio of products and services that serve several millions of customers.
What youll do:
- Measure, track and report on key metrics, KPIs and employee performance
- Build relationships with key vendors and perform contract management
- Budgetary planning and management to include expense tracking, capital Improvements forecasting, and strategic planning for the department
- Develop target states with a one, three and five year view
- Drive standardization and consistency across all practices and procedures
- Develop installation standards for each major DC
- Develop and deliver best practices for logistics management, SKU management on new hardware releases, sparing strategy with key vendors
- Develop and deliver capacity reporting across the DCs to include space, power and equipment
- Own and control inventory management via Device 42. Establish consistent naming and nomenclature within the application and limit write access to DC Ops as the responsible party.
- Analyze and recommend alternative support models to lower cost
- Establish safety protocols in place for essential staff member
- Oversees the hiring, training, and development of the Operations staff to ensure that personnel development and Company financial goals are achieved
Who you are:
- You are first and foremost a team player who must work across different functional groups and business units seamlessly
- An outstanding leadership and team builder
- Demonstrated ability to manage a global 24 X 7 X 365 operation
- Experience in managing outsourced and off-shored labor forces
- Experience in managing teams workload with an agile framework
- A solid understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS technologies and processes.
- You take pride in mentoring the next generation of leaders at Endurance
- You are a strong voice within our company and in daily decisions for making the right tradeoffs on behalf of the customer.
- You are results-oriented and rally your teams to meet their commitments to each other and to our customers.
- You build teams that are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best.
- 10 to 15 years of experience managing people in a technical data center/co-location environment
- Have an in depth knowledge of operating and maintaining Data Center ecosystems including; networking, structured cabling, server configuration, installation and data center builds and critical Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) infrastructure such as; UPS Systems, emergency generators, various critical cooling systems, computer room air handler and the electrical distribution
- A bachelor's degree (BA/BS) and a minimum of 10 years of related experience, or 15 years of data center related experience in lieu of a bachelors degree
Why youll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If youre passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!
More Jobs From