Who We Are
Encortex is a data intelligence agency in Boston, that leverages cutting-edge quantitative analysis to help blue chip firms deploy capital more efficiently. We are a small, ambitious, and diverse group of quantitative analysts, data engineers, software engineers, & digital marketers. At the heart of what we do, is the belief that we change the way our clients collect, protect, and monetize data.
Who You Are
You are a curious individual who adapts to new environments and is comfortable with change. You believe in iterative progress, failing fast, and working through issues - alone and with others - until they are completely solved. You expect to contribute to your team's success, but also to the larger Encortex community. You’ve had demonstrable success in sourcing and closing data deals, from prospect through integration. You are able to accurately evaluate and communicate internally the value of each deal to various stakeholders and advocate internally for continued improvements in our consume data efforts. You are an adept communicator who can lead cross-functional projects and shepherd new integrations through to completion. You appreciate and reflect our core values of Precision, Curiosity, Honesty, Responsibility, Fun & Respect.
What You’ll Do
Data is at the core of what we do. By leading Data Acquisition & reporting to the CEO, you will assure that our team of analysts, engineers and operations professionals are maximizing revenue on existing businesses, and have the data they need to launch new business lines. Your experience and connections with brokering data will be key in driving our success. This is a role for a strong business development professional with both experience and connections in the consumer data space and strong project management skills. This position could lead to an opportunity to develop an internal data sales / brokering business as well.
Your responsibilities will include
- Maintaining our current data provider relationships and maximizing their value by developing additional avenues for collaboration
- Initiating new relationships where demand warrants it
- Shepherding new integrations to completion by coordinating efforts and removing internal and external impediments
- Identifying new opportunities for acquisition based on the changing landscape of consumer data
- Providing continuous feedback internally on industry trends & opportunities
- Representing our brand within the industry in general and specifically grabbing mind share of our partners and vendors
What You’ll Learn
At Encortex, you will benefit from interacting with a small team of super interesting people. You will learn how to solve problems in a community of problem solvers. You will appreciate the value of failing fast, transparent, and honest communication, and working with a team that feels the same.
- 10+ experience in purchasing consumer data, including demographic and behavioral cohort data
- Bonus Points if you've worked at Oracle, Neustar, Liveramp or Acxiom
- Experience with transactions involving 2nd and 3rd party digital marketing data, such as display, email and social audiences
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to find the right person at the right place to initiate a deal
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Quantitative skills, including the ability to determine a good deal based on both quantitative and qualitative factors
Encortex, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.