Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Director, Customer Support for our Lexington, MA office.
The Director of Worldwide Customer Support drives and manages the companys world-wide customer support activities, by ensuring all service levels are met or exceeded, and initiates new or enhanced processes to improve productivity and the overall customer experience. This position helps create a distinct competitive advantage by providing tactical and strategic leadership to a team of high performing support engineers. Core duties include leading the escalation process and all aspects of a support team who are motivated to respond quickly to internal and external customer needs, creating the ideal customer support experience aligned with the mission & vision of Imprivata, and leading our continued growth and expansion into new regions. Additionally, this role builds and maintains an organizational culture of customer focus, integrity, ownership, and accountability. Required is experience with supporting complex IT solutions for large enterprise customers. This position is based in our Lexington, MA headquarters office and requires up to 20%+ travel per year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Principal owner of the Worldwide Customer Support process, driving quick resolution to customer impacting issues.
- Manage a global team of 40 or more of customer support professionals providing 24x7x365 support coverage for both on-prem/hybrid and SaaS solutions
- Maintain and develop a team of highly capable and technically talented problem solvers who can work independently and collaboratively with other functional groups.
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors, integration and outsourcing partners for scaling support resources for growth
- Lead and demonstrate superior technical and procedural excellence while independently managing difficult customer situations and complex escalations.
- Maintain a can-do, hands-on approach that confronts challenges, deals frankly and fairly with issues, demands high standards of self and others, and drives work to completion.
- Understands Imprivata products functionality and how customers use them to drive effective customer-based solutions.
- Establish and adhere to global customer support case management practices, including meeting defined SLAs.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintain strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and team members.
- Provide senior management with regular status reports and alert management of any problems or potential service problems, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain well-organized team to effectively support business objectives while maintaining a highly productive work environment.
- Ensure service levels are always maintained and constantly seek ways to improve the delivery of customer support.
- Understand customer perception and the associated business impacts while driving resolution of customer issues in a rapid fashion.
- Coach, develop and mentor the team to deliver superior customer support.
- Manage and resolve high-pressure customer issues efficiently.
- Direct the activities of customer support teams to ensure that all client needs are handled in a professional and courteous manner.
- Work with the global customer support management team to define and track key performance indicators, including SLA achievement, productivity levels, and Net Promoter System (NPS) scores, in order to drive the organization to meet and exceed the standards.
- Ownership of corporate SaaS status page customer alerting and notification platform
- Provide feedback to the Documentation, Engineering and Product Management teams to improve the quality of our products and documentation.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with the other departments and their staffs.
- Work effectively with teams and work groups outside the formal line of authority to accomplish technical, functional, and organizational goals
- Work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Work cross functionally to ensure seamless customer transitions and transparency in creating a world class customer experience.
- Establish and optimize support offerings to create an amazing customer experience that ensures customer adoption, satisfaction and which drive additional Maintenance and Support revenue.
- Promote employee development, including coaching, mentoring, and identifying opportunities for improvement in the technical, customer relations, and process areas.
- Promote seamless integration of hybrid team of employee and vendor/partner resources for delivery of Customer Support.
- Create and maintain a culture of ownership and accountability ensure teams understand their objectives and are provided the tools and guidance to be successful.
- Constantly work to build the best team through detailed employee development plans and by recruiting the best internal and external talent.
- Drive process improvements and results through cross functional influence and facilitation.
- Successfully deliver results while quickly adapting to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning for the support team to ensure operational effectiveness and highest quality interactions with clients.
- Establish departmental salary and operational budgets, measure and analyze forecasts, goal reinforcement, department objectives and team performance.
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred.
- 12+ years experience in the software industry. Healthcare IT industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a Director or Vice President of Worldwide Customer Support.
- 5+ years experience leading Customer Support teams that include vendor/partner resources (hybrid employee and outsourced/contractor teams).
- 10+ years experience in leadership and people management.
- Experience managing customer-facing teams supporting SaaS solutions and on-prem (or hybrid cloud) solutions.
- Advanced experience with CRM systems, preferably SalesForce.com.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Self-Motivated, action-oriented leader that is results driven.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Proven track record of team growth and development.
- Out-of-the-box thinker that can make ideas happen.
- Ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of technical solutions.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From