New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
At Hydrow, our Customers are at the core of everything we do. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for a Director, Customer Support to lead the day-to-day operations of our internal team in providing a best-in-class customer support experience and building brand loyalty within our customer community.
This individual is customer obsessed, has high EQ, and the business acumen to operationalize complex workstreams while creating a proactive, positive, and inclusive culture for both Hydrows support team and our customers. Looking for a person that has worked with a direct to consumer product/s and managed an evolving, growing team. This Director is not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and lead by example.
Hydrow is hiring for this role with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home at least through June 2021 at which time we may return to our offices in Cambridge, MA.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading and developing a team of 8-10 customer support specialists and 2 team leads.
- Driving leadership development, team building, and retention.
- Hiring and onboarding additional support team members based on contact volume.
- Establishing a high performance standard through ambiguity and change and fostering a culture that produces excellent, measurable results; developing onboarding and ongoing training programs to ensure continuous improvement.
- Handling escalations when necessary in the best interest of the company and the customer.
- Driving improvements to all customer support-related KPIs (response time, resolution rate, CSAT, etc.)
- Developing and implementing ticket calibration and quality monitoring across all channels to ensure each customer interaction meets or exceeds KPIs and Hydrows brand standard.
- Identifying opportunities to implement changes in processes or tools to improve efficiency and quality of support across all customer contact channels, including email, voice, and chat.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams including engineering, operations, and finance; recommend improvements to workflows and processes to streamline internal communications between teams without sacrificing KPIs or customer experience.
- Assisting in the implementation of processes to analyze customer contact data (i.e. SLAs, KPIs, CSAT) used to drive improvements to overall team performance and insight into the customer experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in customer support leadership, preferably at a B2C company or subscription service.
- 3+ years of demonstrable skills in managing people, including experience in hiring, training, and mentoring new employees; experience with remote teams a plus.
- Passionate about the customer experience, you love to wow customers and lead a team to drive brand loyalty and reduce churn while creating a collaborative environment that nurtures growth, action, and empowerment.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining and exceeding Support KPIs (SLAs, CSAT, FCR)
- Hands-on, "get things done" approach; you thrive in a fast paced, high-volume startup environment.
- Experience building teams for scale, creating and iterating processes to improve the efficiency of the team without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build relationships and ensure cross-team alignment.
- Comfortable working with a variety of systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel, as well as CRM and order management tools. Specific experience with Zendesk and Hubspot a plus.
- Understanding of basic order fulfillment processes for physical products and experience with a direct-to-consumer company is preferred.
REPORTS TO: VP of Customer Support
Started in November 2017, Hydrow is growing by leaps and bounds. In fact, the company has received multiple rounds of major investments, bringing the Series A total to an impressive $52M - most recently led by L Catterton, the largest, most global consumer-focused private equity firm. Other investments include prominent names in sports and technology, including Rx3 Ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. This funding will further fuel Hydrow's already impressive trajectory, focusing on content expansion and marketing outreach. The Hydrow experience will soon be promoted to hundreds of thousands of new customers.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.